My client, an expert in the infrastructure and engineering space is looking for a talented Media Relations professional to join their growing team and deliver media relations strategies for the organisation.
We've worked with this client for a while and I couldn't recommend them enough, they are focused on delivering culture and purpose-led campaigns to encourage society to create sustainable infrastructure that's safe, dependable and resilient to the effects of climate change.
Interested? Email Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV for immediate consideration.
The role: Media Relations Executive - this is a mid-level role not junior!
Salary: £35k - £40k + brilliant benefits
FTC contract for 18 months - very likely to go perm
This role will ensure media relations strategies are developed and delivered to meet my client's strategic goals - raising the organisations profile and meeting policy-led campaign objectives.
The role holder will support the Media Relations Manager and Director of Communications. They will act as liaison in conjunction with other Communications team members and ensure the press office function responds effectively to media requests and position this organisation as the go-to expert on infrastructure.
The successful applicant will have proven experience of managing workflow of a busy press office including national, regional and trade media. Within this they will have experience of crisis and reputation management and advising senior management on media and reputational risk management.
I'm looking for someone who has:
- Experience establishing media relations strategies
- The ability to lead and deliver specific proactive media campaigns (short and long-term)
- Experience shaping and influencing emerging reports to have communication hooks
- Credibility to advise senior management and volunteers on media approaches and brief spokespeople for interview
- Media writing skills in a range of formats
- Experience of writing quality news articles for technical press is desirable
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Shutdown over Christmas period
- Annual £100 allowance towards your wellbeing
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big Gym membership savings with the GymFlex scheme