Freelance guide for PR, Marketing & Creative Candidates
39% of all employees have reported that they have considered working for themselves.
For those in media, marketing, advertising, PR and sales this jumps to 57%*.
In 2022/3, our freelance desk here at Premier saw an increase in demand for PR, Marketing and Creative roles from our clients who value freelancers for their specialist knowledge, flexibility and agility.
If you are new to the freelance world, or are considering it for the next stage of your career, this guide aims to answer some of the frequently asked questions, demystify the jargon and arm you with insight on:
- Pros and Cons of freelancing in PR and Marketing
- Understanding Sole Trader, Limited Company and Umbrella Company
- What is inside and outside IR35
- An overview of Tax for freelancers
- Our tips for becoming a freelancer in the PR, Marketing & Creative space
We strongly advise all freelancers to obtain legal and financial advice from a chartered accountant or tax consultant.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREELANCE GUIDE
Source: *IPSE Making the case for freelancers report