My award-winning client, an international B2B technology PR and marketing agency, are currently seeking an Account Director with Fintech experience to join them.
- Salary: c£64,000 per annum + bonuses
- Location: Central London. They have a flexible hybrid working scheme.
- Current clients include Boku, Qadra, Encap Security and Comarch, to name a few.
Who they are looking for:
- You have fintech experience. You have recent experience working with fintech brands and have a good understanding of the market issues and media landscape. This is critically important for my client.
- You’re excellent at content.
- You’re comfortable leading teams. My client had a very high staff happiness score which they don’t achieve just because they are ‘nice’! Leadership means delivering positive encouragement and constructive criticism. In addition, you’ll be sharing your fintech and PR knowledge with the team to help them develop. ‘Supportive’ is one of their values.
- You are confident with clients.
- You have knowledge and practical experience of other marketing disciplines and can fit within an integrated agency structure. While the successful candidate will be first and foremost a PR expert, and appreciation of other disciplines would be an advantage, a willingness to support integration is essential.
- You’re a nice, decent person. PR can be stressful and issues like mental wellbeing and inclusion are very important to my client – they haven’t got patience for politics or snarkiness, they are open, honest and kind to each other.
- You’re committed to continually learning. We all know that fintech and PR are constantly changing. It’s important that you lead by example and keep up-to-speed. They are big fans of the PRCA’s Continuous Professional Development scheme and expect everyone to participate. ‘Curious’ is one of their values.
What you’ll need:
- Five years’ experience desirable in a related role (PR agency experience essential, practical AR/digital marketing experience preferred but not essential)
- In-depth understanding and experience of the technology PR landscape and a track record of success working in the broader sector
- Extensive experience of direct client liaison, developing strong working relationships and effective commercial management
- Proven ability in the management of people, creating a team ethic to deliver against client and company goals and of guiding and coaching team members to success
- Proven experience of pitching for and winning new business, identifying and converting organic opportunities within existing clients
- Demonstrable experience of creating and developing client strategies and creatives, and overseeing their successful execution
- Strong and detailed understanding of the principles of PESO and their effective, balanced execution in a B2B PR and marketing campaign
- Has a firm understanding of agency financial systems and the impact they have on revenues and agency profitability
- Strong understanding of PR and its role in the overall marketing mix
- Excited by technology and the benefits it can deliver
- Has the ability to build rapport quickly – brings a broad range of contacts that can help drive client/business opportunities
- Direction and management of account teams to achieve agreed plans and objectives – over time this will encompass digital marketing and analyst relations services as well as PR services
- Provide quality counsel to clients, establishing a trusted, respectful relationship
- Ultimately accountable for the management of clients, including management of expectations budgets and profitability
- Develop and grow clients and accounts, identifying and converting revenue-generating opportunities – including cross selling additional services outside PR to support the business’ integration strategy
- Set budgets, update forecasts and manage resources
- Established, productive networks amongst journalists, analysts, industry subject matter experts, event organisers AND potential prospects
- Lead the creation and conversion of new business opportunities
- Create and develop PR programmes and campaigns for new and existing clients
- Provide mentoring support to at least one member of the junior team
- 22 days holiday + 1 day off for your birthday (goes up with tenure up to 27 days)
- 3 religious/cultural days off of your choosing
- Early/late passes – allows each employee to arrive three hours late or leave three hours early one day per month 9 times per year (not available in December)*
- Structured sabbatical scheme
- International passport: work from anywhere in Europe for up to 1 month per tax year!
- Up to 5% annual bonus based on company fee targets being met
- A further bonus worth up to 7% of salary on individual performance based on 360 peer feedback during your appraisal
- Spot bonuses to recognise exceptional efforts
- Pension and Life assurance
- Continuous learning environment: internal and external training opportunities for everyone, focusing on individual career development plans – guided by an individual mentor
- Two big company socials per year – Christmas + Summer
- Generous maternity, adoption and paternity leave
Sound like the opportunity for you? Get in touch today with your CV for full details!
If this role is not quite right for you, but you think a friend would be interested, why not refer their details? We offer £150 Amazon vouchers when we place a new referral in a new role.
Premier Resourcing UK Ltd is a specialist Marketing, PR & Communications Recruitment Consultancy. We encourage equality, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We strive to make sure the Marketing and PR industry reflects the diverse and vibrant world around us. Our mission is to recruit diversity from minority groups, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to educate and promote inclusion & diversity across all sectors we recruit in.