PR & Social Media Account Director – Healthcare
|Salary||£45,000.00 - £50,000.00|
Are you a Social Media and Comms specialist?
Do you have experience in and are passionate about both ethical & consumer healthcare?
If yes, please read on.
What’s the opportunity?
My client is after a brilliant PR/Social Media hybrid who will also be their social media champion. Ideally, your background in PR means you’ll be comfortable working on projects that require a comms mind but your strong experience in helping to conceive and manage successful digital campaigns means you can really help to drive innovation and best practice for the social media campaigns they’re delivering for their clients.
You’ll report to the PR Practice Director and work closely with the account teams to deliver outstanding PR and social strategies, content and campaigns, while acting as the engine room for day-to-day client management. Willingness to flex across both social and comms, depending on client needs is a must.
Who are they looking for?
They are a small team that punches above its weight and one of the friendliest you’ll meet! It’s really important to them that they all share the same values around collaboration, trust and work ethic. They are looking for the best, the brightest and friendliest talent in the industry to help them grow.
- Your account mix will be focused on healthcare, ranging from consumer health to ethical pharma. Healthcare is an endlessly fascinating sector but it can be technical and is highly regulated, so experience (or at least, a strong interest) in these areas is preferred.
- They are looking for candidates with expertise in various social media platforms and tools with a keen awareness of emerging trends and issues.
- You will also have sufficient comms experience that you understand the earned media landscape, how to land a story, are confident in the development of media materials and media outreach.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, high-level copywriting skills, extensive experience with content creation / production, and client management abilities.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering effective social media management and moderation across brand-owned social spaces;
- Be a brand ambassador, maintaining the brand’s integrity at all times and adhering to any relevant guidelines and processes;
- Working with the Digital Manager to devise and deploy content distribution strategies for the sharing of content to communities and client teams;
- Reporting on the impact that their social output is delivering, and making recommendations on how it might be optimised;
- On the comms side, depending on team structures, you will support or lead on accounts – taking responsibility for the day to day deliverables and/or being responsible for certain aspects of the account – e.g. content development, media outreach, client liaison, financial tracking;
- Supporting the team’s media monitoring efforts to stay abreast of the healthcare media landscape;
- Advising and inputting into the agency’s social media strategy;
- The expectation is you’ll be highly active across the social web, have a strong understanding of how social media works, and are always up to date with the latest platform developments;
- Ideally, you will also have knowledge of the relevant Code of Practice e.g. ABPI/ EFPIA/ PAGB, attend six-monthly training sessions, gain team trust in all things Code related and know when to ask questions of senior team members if unsure about whether something is appropriate;
Most importantly, you’ll be ambitious, curious with an entrepreneurial mentality, want to deliver amazing work and to have fun when you come into the office every day.
If you feel you have the right skills set and want to be considered for this fantastic new role then please share your CV with the team via the below application form or get in touch directly via [email protected]
If this role is not quite right for you, but you think a friend would be interested, why not refer their details? We offer £150 in Amazon vouchers when we place a new referral.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.