This vacancy is no longer live. To view and search our current vacancies, please click here.
Press Officer – Inhouse, Financial Services
|Location||City, Central London|
|Salary||£Competitive + benefits|
Our client a leading international trade association for the banking sector, is looking for a talented Press Officer with proven B2B and consumer financial services PR experience to join their fast paced press office team. This is an exciting time to be joining this high profile organisation in light of the recent Brexit vote and will suit a candidate who wants to work in an ‘issues rich’ sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with ideally 2-3 years financial services or specifically banking PR expertise to closely assist the Media Relations manager and Director of the team in promoting and defending many of the world’s leading members of the financial services industry. Taking a leading role in fielding calls from journalists, developing press lines with policy colleagues and monitoring news coverage.
Please note that whilst the organisation searches for a permanent Press Officer they have an urgent need for a interim Press officer to join immediately. They will also consider applicants on a temp to perm basis.
• Lead on all trade and consumer media stories.
• Responsible for collecting and flagging all media coverage
• Creatively seeking proactive media opportunities to promote their work
• Lead on all social media activity for the organisation and monitor social media channels for issues of interest.
• Responsibility for maintaining website content and ensuring that it is always up to date and engaging
• Preparing content calendar for Twitter, LinkedIn and their blog featuring in house analysis and policy expertise
Key Attributes for Success:
- Proven busy press office expertise include evidence of having landed proactive stories in the media
- Strong writing skills
- Crisis management is desirable but not essential
- Experience dealing with journalists face-to-face and on the phone, with the ability to grasp complex issues and products quickly
- Ability to draft press releases and Q&As
- Media handling with broadcast, print, regional and trade news organisations Business and /or consumer media experience Devising and delivering proactive media coverage
- Social media skills
In return you can expect:
- To work in a fast paced and highly collaborative press office environment that sits within a much larger external communications division.
- Benefit from a competitive salary and package.
This is an urgent requirement so please send your CV for immediate consideration.
If this role is not quite right for you, but you think a friend would be interested, why not refer their details? We offer £150 in Amazon vouchers when we place a new referral.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.