|Salary||£55,000.00 - £68,000.00|
Outstanding opportunity for a corporate reputation manager with strong issues and crisis expertise for consumer facing brands!
This award winning global travel group is looking for a talented PR manager to oversee a high octane press office team and build stakeholder trust in the firms portfolio of respective brands. A key aim for this role is to minimise the impact of any negatives issues likely to affect the impact on public perception of the brands and/or business. Proven expertise including crisis preparedness, media training, and running crisis simulations would be highly desirable.
This role is based in a buzzy, vibrant office in Luton and they are also able to offer a flexible approach to working where you will have the opportunity to work from elsewhere 2 days a week instead of in the office.
As PR Manager you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a team of three, plus the wider supporting PR team members, to ensure all media contact is responded to in an effective and efficient way while helping to protect the reputation of the business and its brands. As a senior member of the team, you will ensure that the press office is managed to the highest standard, in order that external stakeholders view it as a reliable, useful and credible source of information.
The world of travel is an ever changing and you will constantly reassess the company’s positioning on topical consumer and business issues, ensuring that all key management and spokespeople are clear on the company’s line so that you can advise and coach other key management and spokespeople for the business.
You will work with the Head of PR to proactively anticipate and identify reputation matters as they arise and advise senior management on a suitable response. When required, you will deputise for the Head of PR to lead the response to issues and crises reporting to the group.
What we are looking for
- Experience in either in-house or agency side
- Experience of managing crisis communications and an ability to pre-empt and diffuse potentially difficult issues for the business ideally working with consumer facing brands
- Experience of working in complex organisations and a proven track record in juggling a variety of business priorities with a separate media agenda.
- Strategic thinking, and the ability to build creative PR plans from business strategy
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in people management and development
- Excellent presentation skills and gravitas in meetings to influence decisions
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt response where necessary to accommodate changing business priorities / evolving geo-political landscape
- Credibility as an ambassador for the business and ability to influence external audiences in an appropriate manner
- Ability to weigh up the commercial impact when assessing issues surrounding a situation, in order to make balanced recommendations to the business
- Ability to cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with the media
- Ability to develop contacts and an understanding of relevant media types and the opportunities they provide.
If this role is not quite right for you, but you think a friend would be interested, why not refer their details? We offer £150 in Amazon vouchers when we place a new referral.
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact information below.